Listen Live





Weather

Apartment fire quickly extinguished

Monday, March 13, 2017

Mitchell firefighters responded and quickly extinguished a fire in a second floor apartment at Meadowlawn Plaza around 8:30 this morning. Firefighter Joe Degen says some material was left on the stove in the apartment after the occupant left and caught fire. The fire was confined to the apartment and produced heavy black smoke. Degen says Police were evacuating residents when firefighters arrived. No one was hurt. There’s no damage estimate on the apartment yet. Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour.

J.P. Skelly

 



Categories: News
Social